Tuesday 31 May 2011

Eclipse: Hints and Tips: Local History : Finding those lost changes

True story ..

Recently I was working on a series of shared files within perforce - the source control system we use in our project. I made a series of changes to some files including a file that I hadn't added to a change-list - oops! A quick sync to update my repository so I can test our app and eclipse starts going mental wavy red underlines all over the place. Yep, I've gone and synced over a file I'd been working on grrr !

I started wondering surely there is a nice in-build way to restore my changes ... enter Eclipse's "Local History".



Then we get the usual diff that you'd expect coming from any version system.


There are lots of other options on configuring how many versions to keep etc.. Happy exploring !

No comments:

Post a Comment